Thursday, December 12, 2013

31 by 31 Update, Halfway There!

This semester is coming to an end. I have to take the final exam on Monday, and then I get a bit of a reprieve. My 31 by 31 goals have been set on the backburner during this semester, so I thought it might be a good time to update them and make plans to bump a few out while on break. I only have six months left….

*For those of you perplexed right now, my 31 by 31 list is a list of things I would like to do before my thirty-first birthday. Nothing earth shattering, just a little list of fun things to accomplish.

31x31

Home
1. Paint, and decorate dining room. *I think I am focusing on the office and eat-in part of the kitchen this year. I picked out colors, and bought paint already.
2. Build a display shelf for hubby’s decoys. *Have some ideas.
3. Finish piano project.
4. Build a piece of furniture.
5. Plant garden. Can/preserve. *Garden is planted and looking great! I picked and froze berries in July. Made some refrigerator pickles. Froze zucchini and peppers. My father-in-law canned tomatoes for us.
6. Put together 31 meal binder.
Family
7. Potty train boys. *What a job! 8. Go on a family vacation. *Not going to happen this summer, possibly during Christmas or spring break.
9. Make a new chore chart. *Been using last year’s, need to complete new one!
10. Mail Christmas cards. *Um, not going to happen this year.
11. Have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving. *Not this year.
Marriage
12. Have 12 date nights (at least one a month). *We did good up until September. We need a date night desperately!
13. Go on a mini-vacation with hubby.
14. Go to a Tiger game.
Personal
15. Read 12 books. *I have been reading, need to document my reads.
16. Start nursing clinical. *One more test, and first semester is done!
17. Get a 100 bowling average. (Don’t laugh! I have been working on this for five years now.) *My average has been over 100 for the last two months! (It has been dropping the last few weeks though.)
Money
18. Whittle down debt. *Just paid off small credit card last week. Technically this isn’t whittling down debt though, because of the student loans we are accumulating.
19. C.N.A Recertification, start working part time.
20. Sell crafts (somehow; etsy/farmer’s market/craft fair). *Opened Theresa’s To-Dos on etsy in August. Need to spend some time in shop.  I also have been selling crocheted hats via word of mouth.
Cleaning/Purging/Organizing
21. Clean out and organize garage.
22. Find a system for paper. Tackle paper clutter. *Seriously, I think I am going to go shred happy pretty soon!
23. Go through cookbooks.
24. Organize photos.
25. Work on blog organization.
Creative
26. Sew everyday for 31 days, only using stash.
27. Crochet a hat a day for 31 days. *I tried this one in August, and only made it halfway through (that was the same month we potty trained the boys).
28. Make a quilt.
29. Work on one photography skill a month. *I totally forgot about this goal. I had better make myself a list…
30. Complete 31 pins. *So, I have been trying some of the projects/recipes I have pinned, just haven’t taken pictures or blogged about them. I’ll catch up, its not like I have a shortage of pins or anything.
31. Do 31 refashions. *12 done, 19 to go. I have quite a few ideas. (Some started already!)

Whew! I’m exhausted just reading this list. This month I am going to print my list so I have a visual to keep me focused.

Do you have any grand plans and to-dos? We are heading into the new year, the time for resolutions.

2 comments:

  1. What a great list! I need to do the same. I guess it will be more of a resolutions list. On the list would be to participate in a fashion show in 2014! Putting it out there for the universe to take note! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, a fashion show, I'm holding you to that! You would do fabulous, and I would LOVE to read about it!
      This little list helps me regroup and focus on things I have been putting aside, I hope it can work for you too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete