Tuesday, April 2, 2013

30 Day House Cleaning Challenge, Day 1

One of my 30 by 30 goals is to get my housecleaning act together. I used to be really good at this… then I had twins. It was like the housekeeping part of my brain was on temporary layoff. (Don’t believe me? Take a look at some of my earlier posts!)

Crystal from Money Saving Mom is doing a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge, and I am joining in. Our home needs a good deep cleaning before the weather breaks because 1. We are extremely busy in the summer (baseball!). 2. We spend so much time outside when its nice out. 3. The chore chart starts when summer break starts. I like to give the kids a clean slate.

I will be posting my progress the day after the challenge. Want to join in? Pop in over here.

Project #1: Set timer for 15 minutes and surface clean living room. Wash dishes and clean kitchen. Find 7 things to get rid of. Vacuum living room.

Living room:

Day 1, living room 1

I had a little more time, so I washed the blankets on the furniture, vacuumed under the cushions, washed the windows and television.

Kitchen:

Day 1, kitchen

Our kitchen was a mess from the weekend. Not anymore! It felt so nice to wake up to clean surfaces in the kitchen.

Items leaving our house:

Day 1, pic 7

Are you doing any spring cleaning? If so, what is your favorite method; a little at a time, or a couple of full day cleaning sessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment