Monday, February 4, 2013

Crochet Creation, Menu, and Goals

Weekends fly by around here. Actually time in general flies around here. The good news is that I think I am out of my winter slumps.

I haven’t posted any of my crochet creations lately (mainly because I have forgotten to take pictures before giving them to their new owners). Here is my latest:

Ms. Multi-Personality Grey”

crochethatflowerchange

This is the second hat that I made like this (I wish I had taken pictures of the white one). The hat pattern is from Red Heart. I really wish I would have taken notes both times I made this. I had to change the increases, then frog it because it was too big, do it again, and on and on. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Please don’t ask what size hook, that’s how early I quit taking notes…

pickaflower

I made up the small red flower, so no pattern. The pink flower is from this pattern. I used this tutorial as inspiration for the white flower (I didn’t stack the flowers, just made a larger center and crocheted both layers into the center). The larger red flower is made following this pattern.

I sewed a button to the finished hat. When making the flowers I used a chain 6 ring for the center. This ensured the flowers’ centers were the same size, and large enough to fit and stay on the button.

And because I have to, here’s the boring stuff:

MENU

  • Sunday- Chili
  • Monday- Red Beans and Rice
  • Tuesday- Asian Chicken
  • Wednesday- Spaghetti
  • Thursday- Tuna Noodle Bake
  • Friday- Pizza
  • Saturday- Leftovers

*A little note about our menu: You may notice that some meals carry over from the previous week. My goal for our menu plan is to have everything in the house for 5-6 meals at the beginning of the week. Another goal is to have easy meals planned for busy nights (like nights of step-son’s basketball games). Usually I make way too much, so that meal turns into two, and another meal gets pushed to the following week. It’s what works for us.

GOALS

  • Finish minimum of 3 etsy listings
  • Make spare bedroom toddler-friendly (or at least walk-through-able)
  • Clean out my closet
  • Deliver maternity clothes
  • Spend 30 minutes/day sewing
  • Blog 3 times this week

Your turn, go make some goals.

Hope your week is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment