Friday, January 4, 2013

Freezer Friendly Egg-Free Cranberry Orange Scones

eggfreecranberryorangescones
Yup, I’m still plugging away at this egg-free business. To the delight of my family, things are starting to taste much better.
My latest accomplishment- cranberry orange scones. I used this recipe from Don’t Waste the Crumbs. Oh..these are absolutely delicious! The best part? I did not have to alter the recipe. Towards the end of the recipe is a variation for those who find “cutting in the butter” to be challenging. Instead of eggs and butter, use extra cream.
Let me tell you, these scones are so scrumptious! If you have some cranberries hanging out in your freezer, you need to make these scones! Now. Go ahead, mix everything up, I’ll wait. Stop back in before you put them in the oven, I’m going to save your hips a couple of pounds.
That was easy, huh? So, everything is mixed up, the oven is hot, and the scones are formed into balls. Now see how many there are? Is this enough, or too much? Be honest.
If you have too many you can freeze the extras. (See how we’re doing your hips a favor? Winking smile)
Take the extras, put them on a plate, cookie sheet, whatever you have handy. Pop that tray into the freezer for about an hour. You want to ‘flash freeze’ the scones so they don’t freeze together in one big glob. After an hour, put them in an airtight container. I use a freezer bag labeled with baking instructions.
When you are ready for another scrumptious breakfast or snack pull a few out of the freezer, and bake as normal. You may have to add a little time because they are frozen. But watch them! I only had to add an extra five minutes.
These tasted just as good, if not better after frozen. How about you? Do you freezer cook (or prepare)?

No comments:

Post a Comment