Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Letting You In, part 1

I started this blog to help me see through the cloudy chaos that my life has become. I have a strong feeling that I am not the only person dealing with these struggles. BUT…. right now, it just looks like a chaotic blog. I have to-dos, goals, cleaning, mommy-hood, crafts, and of course cooking. Well, this is me right now- a big jumble.

That’s my problem though, I have neglected to share much about myself. You see its hard, opening myself up. I even have a hard time letting those close to me in. Of course its bad, but sometimes it seems better for everyone involved if I just bottle everything up and deal internally. This is a problem area of mine that I am committing myself to work on- sharing me. No matter how scared I am. Here goes (a little):

My life changed so much in just over two years time; most of it occurring in two months time.
I was working as a teller at a bank. I was good at my job. In fact, I was even told that I had a chance to be a supervisor in the near future. Sounds great, right? Nope. I was very unhappy and unfulfilled.
My soon-to-be husband had been prodding me to go into nursing, something that had been a part of my inner debates for a while. I decided to ‘get my feet wet’ before I took the plunge. I signed up for a two week Nurse Aide Certification class. After completion, I had a good feeling that this was the direction God wanted me to go in. So I registered for the few classes I needed for validation into nursing clinicals, put in my notice at the bank, and cashed in my 401K.

To be continued…..

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It takes courage to write a post like this, but it's so good...for YOU and your readers. I'm so drawn to bloggers who are willing to put themselves out there, so you go girl! It's not easy to admit that not only are our craft closets messy, but so are our lives. And as a beginner blogger, I'm really going to work on opening up more, too. In fact, my most recent posts where I have opened up more and been honest have been some of my most highly trafficked and commented on.

    So, way to go! Part I was probably the hardest, but I encourage you to write a Part 2...and maybe even a Part 3 and 4...and...you get the picture.

    And way to go for leaving your job and taking the plunge to follow your dream! That takes incredible courage, and how wonderful that you have someone in your life encouraging you to move in this direction.

    (Wow, I realize that was a REALLY long comment, but after reading your post, I felt really proud of you for this and wanted to leave you some affirmation. And also, I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.)

    Let me know when you write Part II!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Part 1 was hard, because it was the first. I have more planned, and I'm pretty sure 3-4 will be the hardest.
      Again, thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete