Monday, April 30, 2012

Does The Laundry Ever End?

The boys LOVE laundry day!

Its Monday. I actually like Mondays. To me Mondays mean getting back to our routine. It may not seem (or look) like it, but I love routine. Don't get me wrong- we love our weekends around here, but Mondays mean things actually slow down somewhat. Instead of running from place to place and event to event I get to look forward to laundry, housework, cooking, and all the other daily to-dos that keep this family running.

Monday is laundry day. I try to do a load a day the rest of the week, but Monday is laundry all day. It is probably easier to just do a couple of loads a day, every day; but my family is not consistent at putting their laundry down the chute as soon as they take it off. Sure, I could pick up after all of them. But I don't.

I instituted the Monday morning laundry rule to help alleviate the Thursday morning "I don't have any jeans" drama. If they want clean clothes they need to put it in the laundry chute by Monday morning. If the dirty clothes do not get put down by Monday morning, they may not get washed until next week. This caused a little drama for the first week or too, until they realized I was serious. Now the laundry may not get put down the chute every week, but we also do not hear "I don't have any clean clothes!"

Today's list of six:
  1. Laundry
  2. Vacuum
  3. Mop
  4. Dining Room (I really want to see that table!)
  5. Clear Bar
  6. Package and freeze meat
Also: change air and water filters, and bake something with those ripening bananas

Off to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment